E-page / Use of the traceability system GIP for producers
|Site:||Rainforest Alliance Learning Network|
|Course:||E-page / Use of the traceability system GIP for producers|
|Book:||E-page / Use of the traceability system GIP for producers|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Wednesday, 20 October 2021, 4:15 PM|
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Password reset
- 3. Manage your settings
- 4. Sales announcement
- 5. Transaction management
- 6. Export overviews
Thank you for visiting the UTZ Academy Online.
In this course you will find all the information about the use of the Traceability System. The following themes will be covered:
- Chapter 2 - Password reset: how to request a new password;
- Chapter 3 - User management: how to add, modify and remove users;
- Chapter 4 - Make a sales announcement: how to sell your UTZ certified product in the Traceability System;
- Chapter 5 - Transaction management: keep track of the status of your transactions;
- Chapter 6 - Export overviews: how to print the information in the Traceability System or extract it in Excel.
Please use the table of contents on the right side to navigate through the e-page or the arrows on the top and bottom of the text to go to the following page.
2. Password reset
A new window opens. Fill in your username and click on 'Submit'
An automatic generated e-mail with new login details will be sent to your e-mail address. If you cannot find the e-mail in your Inbox, please also check your Spam folder.
You are requested to change the password with the first use. Please use the following format: 5 letters and 2 numbers.
3. Manage your settings
In the User Management of the Settings area you can add, remove, and modify users. The Settings is only visible to primary users and can be found in the top right corner of the Traceability System*.
Once you click on it, a new window will open. Click on User Management to add, remove and modify users.
*To enter the traceability system, log in to the Good Inside Portal (www.goodinsideportal.org) with your credentials. Click on the link 'Member Area' under the tab 'Traceability System'. Please note that you need to have a license to enter this system. You receive this license once you have a valid certificate.
3.1. Add users
To add a user to your account, click on 'Add user' in the lower right corner. A new window opens.
Fill in the user details (all the fields with * are mandatory) and click on OK. An automatic generated e-mail with the login details will be sent to the new user. If the new user should have unlimited rights in the system, choose contact type 'Primary User'.
3.2. Remove users
To remove a user from your account, click on 'Modify' next to the user you want to remove. A new window opens. Click on the tab 'User Settings'. Go to the bottom of your screen, click on 'Remove User' and click on OK.
3.3. Assign roles
To give certain rights to a user, click on 'Modify' next to the user you want to assign a role to. A new window opens. Click on the tab 'Assign Role'. Tick the relevant boxes and click on OK.
3.4. Language settings
If a user would like to have the Traceability System in a different language, click on 'Modify' next to the user you want to change the language settings for. A new window opens. Select the preferred language from the drop list and click on OK. This change will be visible once the user signed out and in again.
4. Sales announcement
To enter the Traceability System, click on the link 'Member Area' under the tab 'Traceability System'
Good to know: you need to have a license to enter the Traceability System. You receive this once you have a valid certificate.
The link to sell volume in the Traceability System is called 'Sales Announcement' and can be found under the tab 'Trading & Stock' in the Certified Volume block. Click on the link 'Sales Announcement' under 'Trading Activities'.
The form ‘Sales Announcement’ opens. Please find extra information per section in each sub-chapter.
Select the 'Contact Person' (drop down). All the other information is already filled in.
Buyer is known: select the Buyer (drop down) and Contact Person (drop down). All the other information is already filled in.
Buyer is unknown: if it is the first time you sell to a buyer, the buyer needs to be added first to your buyer list. Click on 'Edit Buyer List'. The view 'Edit New Buyer' opens. Click on 'Add Buyer'.
The view 'Add Buyer' opens. First you need to indicate whether you want to search on Member ID or Member Name. Then fill in the relevant info in the search field.
Choose the correct company by ticking the box, in this example 'Test Coffee SCA 1' and click on OK.
The new buyer has been added to the list. Click on OK.
You return to the form 'Sales Announcement' and are now able to add the new buyer.
The fields 'Seller Contract Number', 'Seller Reference Number', and 'Buyer Reference Number' are non-mandatory fields. The field 'Sales Date' (date of the contract) is mandatory. Click on the calendar to select a date.
4.4. Product Details
Most of the information has already been filled in. Indicate the amount in kg you want to sell. The Program (traceability level) must always be IP.
4.5. Transport Details
Here you need to indicate how the product was transported:
- Container: fill in the fields 'Container ID' and 'Shipping Date'
- Ship: fill in the fields 'Shipping/BL Date', 'B/L ID' and 'Ship Name'
- Truck: fill in the fields 'Truck ID' and 'Shipping Date'
- None: fill in the field 'Delivery Date'
Good to know: the delivery date can only be backdated 180 days or until the first date of your or your buyer's license. In case the delivery date does not match the actual physical shipment, we recommend to select the earliest date possible and attach a document where the actual delivery date is confirmed.
Here you need to fill in the premium in USD. You must indicate whether this is paid per kg or lbs. Please note that the premium needs to match the amount discussed between you and the first buyer and indicated in the documentation.
Click on OK to complete the sales announcement.
5. Transaction management
Once a sale was made, you can keep track of the status of your transactions (registered announcements) under the tab 'Transactions' of the Traceability System*.
* To enter the traceability system, log in to the Good Inside Portal (www.goodinsideportal.org) with your credentials. Click on the link 'Member Area' under the tab 'Traceability System'. Please note that you need to have a license to enter this system. You receive this license once you have a valid certificate.
Under the row 'status' you can see the following statuses of the sales announcements:
- Confirmed: the sales announcement has been confirmed. Click on 'Acknowledge' under the row 'Action' to move this transaction to 'Finalized Transactions'
- Rejection: the sales announcement has been rejected. Click on the Transaction ID to see the reason for rejection. Click on 'Modify and Resubmit' under the row 'Action' to make changes in the sales announcement and resubmit or click on 'Acknowledge' to move this transaction to 'Finalized Transactions'.
- Cancelled by System: your certificate expired before the sales announcement was confirmed. To resubmit, the CB needs to add this volume as a carry-over to your new certificate.
- Cancelled by System Pending Resubmission: the certificate of your buyer expired before the sales announcement was confirmed. This announcement will be automatically re-announced once your buyer has a new certificate.
In the inbox you can filter the transactions on 'Buyer', 'Product' and 'Status' or you can use the 'Search Field'
Here you can see all the sales announcements you sent to your buyers. The following actions can be performed under the row 'Action'
- Withdraw: to withdraw the sales announcement
- Modify: to modify the sales announcement
5.3. Finalized Transactions
Here you can see all the finalized transactions. It is possible to filter on 'Buyer', 'Product' and 'Status' or you can use the 'Search Field'.
6. Export overviews
It is possible to print the information of the traceability system or export it to Excel, for example to show during the audit. There are three overviews that you can extract:
- Finalized transactions;
- Trading & Stock;
- Stock Management Log
Please see for more information on each sub-chapter.
6.1. Finalized Transactions
First go to your Inbox, filter on 'All' and acknowledge the transactions that were confirmed or rejected by your buyers. All acknowledged transactions move to the Finalized Transactions.
Go to the Finalized Transactions and filter on 'All'. Click on 'Print' to print the overview or 'Export to Excel' to receive it in Excel.
6.2. Trading & Stock
Under the Trading & Stock you see an overview of your certified volume. Volumes of confirmed transactions have been deducted from your available stock.
Click on 'Print' to print the overview or 'Export to Excel' to receive it in Excel.
6.3. Stock Management Log
To receive an overview of performed Stock Activities, go to Log, click on Stock Management Log and filter on 'All'.
Click on 'Print' to print the overview or 'Export to Excel' to receive it in Excel.