E-Page/MultiTrace User Guidance for Members
Welcome to the e-page MultiTrace User Guidance - for Members.
On this e-page you will find guidance on how to use MultiTrace, the new traceability system of the Rainforest Alliance (UTZ Certified), including: quick start guides, instruction videos, training webinars, checklists and templates.
Currently, MultiTrace is only being used in the Coffee and Hazelnut program by both members and certification bodies.
Licenses for the Coffee and Hazelnut program are requested through MultiTrace.
Prior to getting a license, an audit needs to be scheduled in MultiTrace. Please get in touch with your Certification Body to schedule the audit in the system.
If you are audit exempted, please contact our Member Support team at email@example.com.
Instructions using the functionalities in MultiTrace are shown in guidance recordings.
Please use the table of contents on the right side to navigate through the manual.
6. Audit preparation
6.2. Group member registry
If you are preparing for an audit for the Code of Conduct (group) certification, you need to upload a Group Member Registry form.
To see how the Group Member registry form is used please watch the instruction video Group Member Registry in chapter 1. Introduction - Quick Start.
When filling in the Excel template, please follow the guide text in the cells.
Do not modify or add (names of) rows or columns. You will not be able to upload the Excel file. At the top of the section you can see which section is mandatory. Columns with a star * are mandatory.
• Include all group members in the same Excel file
• Once you have filled in all the required information, save the template on your computer.
• If information is missing, the system will show an error message indicating what must be changed. In such a case, edit the template, save it, and upload it again.
• Indicate ‘YES’ if the members have passed the internal inspections and will be certified for this year.
• Indicate the Unit of measurement in Ha (not in Dam). Convert values in decares to hectares (1 decare=0.1 ha).
• MultiTrace is using the American language settings and therefore accepts dots (".") instead of commas (",") for decimals. Please make sure you use dots and not commas.
• Make sure that all the rows are filled in (if a name is given, then all cells need to be filled in for that row)
• Check if the volumes and areas are filled in correctly (no commas, max 2 decimals)
• You can copy the format in a different Excel file, make corrections, and then paste the values back in the original file
• Right click, click on Format Cells, choose Number, then choose the format with two decimals (with no commas for thousands)
• Check the total farm area and UTZ certified area. None of the individual values in "UTZ certified area" should be greater than the corresponding value on the same row in "total certified area".
For support using MultiTrace please contact firstname.lastname@example.org